My name is Ethan Perrin and I’m 16 years old. I have interests in photography, cinematography and film production, robotics, computers, electrical and mechanical engineering, graphic design, woodworking, and just DIY in general. I play and referee soccer, sail, and downhill ski in the rainy state of Washington and enjoy outdoor activities like backpacking and camping with my Boy Scout troop and family. I started this blog to show my friends and family what I’m up to and projects I’m working on, as well as a place to share my opinions and experiences.
I’m learning as much as I can with several achievements are under my belt:
- Launching a High Altitude Balloon successfully. See LENSE.
- Designing a palm-size quadcopter complete with 10 axes of measurement and GPS location.
- Proficient with Eagle PCB layout software and electrical hardware engineering.
- Versed in materials design and mechanical engineering basics.
- Experienced with all kinds of woodworking and metalworking tools, using free software packages like eMachineShop and Google Sketchup.
- Speaking at TEDxRedmond 2011 about LENSE. The video of my speech can be found here.
- Organizing the set and technology/presentation aspects of TEDxRedmond 2012.
- Head of Logistics and Technology for TEDxRedmond 2013
- Becoming very comfortable with diving into new projects and researching heavily to design the best system for given resources.
- Testing hardware for Adafruit Industries and Low Power Radio Solutions.
- Creating a National History Day documentary about Nikola Tesla and taking first place in the nation for NHD 2013.
I’m very interested in internships, your projects, job opportunities! Contact me!
Various Forums: BudgetEngineer
Note: This page will be updated as time passes.